1. Open your app in Chrome.
2. Go to Customize and Control (“…” beside your portrait), More Tools, Create Shortcut and Create it.
3. Go to chrome://apps and you should see a new shortcut there.
4. Right click the shortcut and toggle on Open as Window.
5. Right click the shortcut and click Create Shortcut and select Desktop (for some weird reason it will create 2 shortcuts on the desktop – just delete one)
6. Optional: go to your desktop and drag the new shortcut icon onto your task bar to pin it there.
7. Now, when you click the shortcut in your task bar or from the desktop, it will launch in a frameless, windowless app container.